I am going to Dubai on Wednesday – so excited I feel like blogging! I have got a load of paperwork to get through before I leave so a little stressed at the moment. But not an issue as I am going to see Son no 2. I have not seen him for quite awhile.
So today I received a call from Emirates Airlines – Firstly confirming my booking on the 20th. And then asking if we wouldn’t mind changing our booking to the 21st! Huh? Really – why would I want to do that? Anyway – apparently the plane is overbooked and they are trying to bump people. They offered me free tickets to go another time as well. I stopped and thought about it, and then gladly declined. I am not going to Dubai for very long and we already have a hectic schedule of things to get done there. So we are taking bets on whether they bump us anyway.
Schedule currently looks like this:
- Thursday – Relaxing day at the pool
- Friday – Relaxing day at the Atlantis Water Park / Kids going to a beach party in the afternoon
- Saturday – Shopping at the Souk (for Belly Dancing gear)
- Sunday – Simulated Skydiving – Yes you read this right. I am once again challenging myself to come out of my comfort zone and do something unusual. I am actually looking forward to it! (Will post pics)
- Monday – Burj Khalifa – Have made a booking to go all the way to the top! (Will take pics from the top of the world)
- Tuesday – We come back home
I am sitting here reading this out to my sons – Son no 1 and his wife are over for dinner tonight. He has just asked where he can get the ransom money from as I am posting exactly when and where we are going and he is concerned we may be kidnapped! (PS – ask for South Africa Rands – we have no dollars!)