I said I would like to pay off my apartment, put some into savings or investments and then risk some of it on new business venture/s.
So after being accused of being boring I decided to draw up a list of things I could do or buy that did not fall into the “boring” category. Now this is not exactly a lot of money but it certainly is enough to have some fun with. Some of these require quite a bit of money, others I could and should do as time allows. In no particular order and without giving it too much thought ……
- Learn to fly – My brother has a helicopter license and my mother had a private pilots license. In fact I did some research into this and I could get my license for around R100,000 (US$10,000). So very easily attainable.
- Perhaps buy a small aircraft like a Cessna – something big enough for 2-4 people.
- Actually fly a Spitfire or similar fighter aircraft -this would be amazing! And yes, I’d like to fire it too!
- Learn to skipper a boat – Well perhaps I should just buy one and find some awesome guy (with penis pointers or perhaps just a really great looking bum to look at) to skipper it for me while we sail off into the sunset and anchor off the Mediterranean coast or something.
- Buy a small personal submarine – Something suitable to view marine life with. Of course I would have to buy a suitable boat / yacht to launch it from
- Buy a Harley Davison or Indian Motorbike and do a Cape to Cairo or route 66 run or something similar
- Go and live in a small beach house in Mozambique for a few years
- Open up a beach bar
- Go on a world tour – stopping in each country, getting to know the locals and moving on as and when I choose.
- Buy a bright RED Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche or other sportscar. Not sure which – will have to take a test drive in them all first
- Buy a lifetime supply of Cadbury’s Creme Eggs
- Visit the 7 wonders of the world
- Go Scuba diving in the great Barrier Reef
- Take some of my best friends on a long holiday to the Maldives or Seychelles or some other exotic island
- Take some of my best friends on a skiing holiday
- Go swim with the sharks (Yeah, Maybe I’ll stay in the cage)
So how would you spend half a million dollars – just for the fun of it?