I recently found a blog called The Regular Guy NYC and enjoyed it so much that I added it to my blog roll immediately. NYC has always been a city I was never really interested in visiting and Phil has totally changed my mind. He regularly blogs about places to hang out and see in NYC. He has also just hit 10,000 pageviews in a short time on his blog so well done Phil! Why don’t you pop on over to his blog and give him a thumbs up – http://blog.theregularguynyc.com/
Anyway – Phil graciously awarded me the Liebster award a few weeks ago. Now this is not the first time I have won this award and I must admit I have a love / hate relationship with these awards. I understand why they exist and why we share the love, but they are a pain to administer.
So THANK YOU Phil – Much appreciated and now for the boring part…..
Now here are the rules one must adhere to when accepting the Liebster:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- I started my career at Sun City working in the Theatre
- I grew up on a sewerage farm, I now live in Johannesburg, South Africa
- I am a Jack of all Trades – I can do anything and love a challenge
- I am not a girly girl type of person – rather difficult being the mother of 4 boys.
- I am not very social – I am the quiet person who likes to keep a low profile and watch others (not in a creepy way…)
- I have never had any interest in writing and always said that it is the last thing I would ever want to do. But just recently I have had the urge to write a book. I have a story developing in my head and would love to have the time to put it all down.
- I love my children to death, but must admit I am starting to feel glad they are all growing up. I am starting to appreciate more me time!
- I hate housework – I used to love cleaning and making sure things were in order – now I could gladly turn a blind eye to it all
- I love to travel and would like to do loads more of it. If fact I would like to travel and meet up with other fellow bloggers and meet some of you amazing people in person
- I drive a Toyota Prado and love it – And feel real guilty about the amount of petrol it uses!
- I’m addicted to reading Erotica
3. You answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
1. What scares you the most?
- Has to be scorpions and dying of cancer
2. If you could be any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
- Probably Marilyn Monroe – She made curves popular and knew how to conquer men
3. If you could switch bodies with one of your friends who would it be and why?
- Not sure I would want to switch with any of my friends. Quite happy with what I got (I got really great boobs!)
4. If you could be any insect, what would you be and why?
- A Scorpion – If I am scared shitless of them, just imagine the fun I could have scaring the hell out of others
5. What is your favorite movie of all time?
- Armagedon – Just love it. There is a little of everything in it for all. 50 First Dates comes in at a close second
6. If you were allowed to only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Cadbury’s Creme Eggs – I can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner and any snack in between
7. If you could go back in time what would you change or do?
- I would go back to November last year and gone to Dubai to be with my son for his 21st
8. If you had to pick one famous person of the same sex to have a man or girl crush on, who would it be and why?
- It used to be Angelina Jolie. But I must admit she has become so thin nowadays I’d be worried she’d break if I touched her. Not sure I have found someone to replace her with yet.
9. Would you take a bullet for someone, and if yes, who would it be?
- This is a no brainer – Yes – for any one of my four sons. (Hubby will make a comment here about not mentioning him, but he forgets he has a life policy I am beneficiary to! I could finally go on that world trip and meet all you guys)
10. If you could be an athlete in the Olympics what sport would it be?
- This is a difficult one – I hate all things sports. But if I had to chose it would be something like a gymnast
11. What celebrity do you despise the most and why?
- Leo DiCaprio – He just really irritates me.
4. You think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
- Mrs Inappropriate
- Tropical Mum
- So Now What
- I’m Living Proof God has a Sense of Humour
- Sexy Legs and Body (By a fellow South African)
- A Daft Scot Lass (Also from South Africa)
11 Questions for my nominees:
- What scares you the most?
- What makes you happy and why?
- If you could be any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
- Do you enjoy what you do for a living and why?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What is you favorite TV show?
- If you were allowed to only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
- If you could go back in time what would you change or do?
- If you had to pick one famous person of the same sex to have a man or girl crush on, who would it be and why?
- Would you take a bullet for someone, and if yes, who would it be?
- What celebrity do you despise the most and why?